Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birthday!

I made this card for my dad's birthday tomorrow!
Once again I struggled with making a masculine card and not knowing where to start.  So I picked out the paper from Echo Park's 'A Boy's Life' and then picked the truck from Pop-Up Neighborhood cricut cart.  Then I got the idea to stamp the balloons, cut them out and then tie them to the truck with twine from The Twinery!  I really love the way this turned out!

The balloon stamps as well as the sentiment stamps were from The Stamps of Life 'greetings4birthday' and 'HappyBday2You' - I do love these stamps, they stamp perfectly and have fun sentiments!

Its hard to see in the picture but I used glossy accents on the truck's window to make it look more real!
I'm entering this into Challenge #46 at Birthday Sundaes:  Birthday card with sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!  I unfortunately, will be working the next 3 nights, so not much fun for me!  ;-)

4 comments:

  1. As usual, its adorable Kim! I'm sure he'll love it!! And I'm loving the strip of paper you've been adding to the inside of cards lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the truck and fun balloons in the back! Thanks for playing at Birthday Sundaes this week!
    :)Amy
    Amy's Crafting Space
    Birthday Sundaes Design Team Membe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable blog. I'm your newest follower! Looking forward to checking it out some more. :-)

    And. . . I've placed your "blinkie" on my blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading them!