Sunday, March 18, 2012

Walking for babies LO

I made this LO using the 5 Little Ducks collection from Piggy Tales (paper and cardboard letters) - I wasn't sure about using flowers on a LO for my son but I really liked this paper and with it only showing on the sides, I figured it would work and since my mom, sister and I were also on there - I could get away with using the other flowers!  ;-)

The flowers are from Imaginesce - I layered them together, used brads as the flower centers and a Martha Stewart punch for the right side of the green paper.

I made this LO based on the March challenge sketch from Love Joy Paper.  I really enjoyed using this sketch!  My title ended up being huge due to the size of the letters but I really wanted to use them so I think it worked out ok even though it varied from the sketch!


I'm also entering this into the Just Elements! Challenge #1 at Get Inspired with Chatter Scene!  Chris read my mind with it, challenging us to not use our machines and use only the elements that we all have in our scrap rooms but tend to ignore because we all love to use our die cutting machines!  With reorganizing my scrap room lately, I'm finding more and more fun things I have to use but never do - such as the letters that matched this paper when I would normally cut letters with my Cricut as well as the flowers, which I haven't used in ages!  Thanks Chris for the fun challenge and getting me out of my comfort zone!!  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Very cute layout. The flowers dont look feminine at all but go well. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the colors you used together. Beautiful job - and the layering of flowers, great reptition of color throughout. Thanks for playing at lovejoypaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is super cute!

    TY for playing over at ChatterScene too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Kim!! Love the colors and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading them!