Monday, March 12, 2012

Mama & me LO

I made a LO tonight based on the sketch below and will be entering it into the Mid Week Mojo challenge -Amethyst #3 on the Scrapbook Steals blog.  I do love this sketch, it was perfect for a favorite picture of mine of my oldest and I!


Here's the sketch...
And here's my LO!  Once again, sorry for the poor lighting, another late night scrapbook session, after working all weekend!  I was proud of myself, this LO came together pretty quickly for me!  :-)  Excuse the creepy distortion on my son's face - I don't like putting their pictures on public websites so I used the distortion so you could still (sort of) see the picture!
Some closeups...I used Piggy Tales once again, 'Tortoise and the Hare' collection this time - I just had paper for this one and had to use some cardstock from my stash, so I used CTMH Art Philosophy cricut cart to cut the die cuts then I inked everything using my chalk inks.


I used thickers and mini alphas for the titles, The Twinery twine to string my banner and some brads from my stash to hold it on the page (it is pulled a little tight in this picture but it does droop down a bit more instead of being so straight across now that I fixed it - just didn't see it when I was taking pics).  
The phrases are from the same mini alpha line then the 'moments'  one was a sticker I found in my stash.  I cut the flower 3 times, inked the edges and then offset them and curled the edges to make it look fuller and finished it with some bling using my iRock gem setter.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great layout! Love all the colors and patterns! You did a wonderful job following the sketch!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading them!