Monday, April 9, 2012

Thank ewe card

I made this card for my parents, to thank them for my birthday gift last month.  They told us this weekend that they are buying all the grandkids a couple of sheep to keep on their farm!  Pretty soon, these kids are going to have a whole farm full of animals - the sheep will be joining the pony they bought them last fall and who knows what will be next!  ;-)  

So I figured it was fitting to use the My Little Shoebox 'Simple Life' collection to make their card - I was dying to use the sheep stamps as well as the fun farm paper!  Everything on this card (minus the ribbon-that was from my stash and the card base is DCWV) was from that collection - I stamped the sheep onto one of the included elements then inked the edges.  Then made the sentiment using the mini alphas from the kit!


I'm entering this card into Chris' Just Elements Challenge #2 at Get Inspired with Chatter Scene - this card came together very quickly since I didn't use my Cricut machines - I'm really loving these challenges and that they are getting outside of my comfort zone to use something other then the Cricut machines I love!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card Kim!! That sheep stamp is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute! love the pretty ribbon and the sheep with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading them!